We welcome you to visit the "Careers at NKY Health" page of our website at www.nkyhealth.org for links to CareerBuilder and a list of all positions open for application.
Northern Kentucky Health Department
CLINIC REGISTERED NURSES (CLINIC RNs) [Code: HCRN]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Clinical Services Division is accepting applications for Clinic Registered Nurses (RNs) to work in an onsite or offsite clinic setting to independently deliver a broad range of public health nursing services essential for promoting and protecting the safety and health of the Northern Kentucky community. We are accepting applications for both part time (22.5 hours/week) and full-time (40 hours/week) positions at all locations (Covington, Florence, Newport, and Williamstown). We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Part-time (22.5 hours/week) and full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt (hourly pay) merit system positions
Classification: Clinic Registered Nurse (Clinic RN)
Starting Pay Rate: $30.69 - $37.67/hour (based on your years of directly related paid experience)
Reports To: Clinic Supervisor or Clinic Manager
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Performs simple to complex client services for a broad range of assigned program(s) in a clinic setting. (Identifies and collects physiologic, psychosocial, and environmental data by interview and/or physical examination to detect and identify problems. Performs health assessments and screenings by interview and/or physical examination. Develops plans of care to achieve expected outcome(s) by identifying problems, identifying needed resources and working with client and/or client medical providers to develop a timetable for reaching goals. Follows up with clients at regular intervals to determine level of compliance with established plan of care and to make adjustments where necessary. Shares findings from follow-up as needed. Provides one on one or group client education. Performs counseling on issues including but not limited to preconceptional maternal/child health, breastfeeding, communicable disease, nutrition, etc. Performs lab procedures.)
- Refers clients to other sources as needed. Makes referrals to community resources. (Refers non-routine complex problems to Clinical Supervisor or appropriate provider. Maintains communication with other disciplines in coordinating health care activities on and off-site.)
- Serves as referral source for clients, Health Department staff, health professionals and the general public. (Provides general technical assistance and consultation to schools, health professionals and organizations, co-workers, community organizations, and the general public on designated public health service(s) or program(s).)
- Maintains records. (Maintains client charts. Documents activities using appropriate forms. Enters data into database(s).)
- Assists with community outreach activities as assigned. (Attends health fairs and community education programs. Assists with offsite clinics including but not limited to immunizations, family planning, Humana Vitality etc.)
- Coordinates case management service(s). (Provides case management activities, coordination, and implementation of designated public health service(s) or program(s) for assigned program(s). Recommends changes to supervisor. Provides expert assistance for designated public health service(s) or program(s). Maintains database(s) of case information for assigned service(s) or program(s). Follows up with clients at regular intervals to determine level of compliance with established plan of care and to make adjustments where necessary.)
- Completes special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Participates in internal and external meetings. Serves on internal and external committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned reports. Attends work as scheduled or uses annual leave.)
Valid, Active Driver’s License, license to work as an RN in KY, and one of the following:
- Associate’s degree or diploma from an accredited college, university or school of nursing plus 1 year of full-time experience as an RN.
- BSN from an accredited college or university.
- Equivalent education as determined by licensing board recognized by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Attainment of CPR certification is required within six months of appointment date and must be maintained throughout incumbency.
Same as above plus prior public health experience and/or bilingual English/Spanish.
Please submit applications through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications, and emailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now, we will consider you immediately.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code HCRN on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check, license verification, and drug screen will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – HCRN
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to view other opportunities to join our family.