Northern Kentucky Health Department
November 14, 2023
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse [Code: APRN]
Do you want to improve quality of life in the region by preventing disease, promoting wellness, and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about inspiring collaboration, igniting partnerships, and improving outcomes? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Clinical Services Division of NKY Health is accepting applications for transfer from APRNs who want to work as a full-time APRN to deliver quality advanced public health nursing services such as immunizations, family planning, prenatal, well-child, cancer screenings, STD screenings and follow ups and to perform related duties, essential for promoting and protecting the safety and health of the NKY community. Initially, the position will be at our Grant County Health Center currently located in Williamstown, KY. We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Full-time non-exempt (hourly pay) merit system position
Classification: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Starting Pay Rate: $40.85 - $61.29/hour (based on your years of directly related paid experience)
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Performs advanced client services for assigned program(s) in a clinic and/or community setting. (Identifies, collects and analyzes physiologic, psychosocial, and environmental data by systematic assessment, utilization of professional skills, health history, physical examination, and use of laboratory and other diagnostic tools. Develops plans of care to achieve expected outcome(s) by identifying problems, identifying needed resources and works with client and/or client medical providers to develop a timetable for reaching goals. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic test(s) to identify and assess client condition. Provides and/or assists with breast and cervical cancer case management services. Evaluates interventions and revises plans of care as needed. Provides one on one education with clients on disease prevention and health promotion. Performs counseling on issues including but not limited to pre-conceptional maternal/child health, women’s health, preventive care, medical issues, use of medication, etc. Performs lab procedures. Prescribes medications/treatments. Provides immunizations to target population. Provides consultation services to newly diagnosed Hepatitis C patients in person or through telehealth. Provides consultation to SAEP staff for clients in need of additional services providing Family Planning/STD services and referring for other services.)
- Refers clients to other sources as needed. (Recommends consultations or referrals as appropriate. Maintains communication with other disciplines in coordinating health care activities on and off-site.)
- Serves as referral source for clients, Health Department staff, health professionals and the general public. (Provides nursing expertise and consultation to nursing personnel and other health care providers. Precepts/Mentors APRN students. Provides Family Planning, STI and KY Womens’ Cancer Screening Program outreach in assigned county. Maintains communication with other program staff to enhance Family Planning and STI services to our harm reduction clients. Works with Hepatitis C staff to refer positive patients for treatment and to form relationships with providers who provide treatment.)
- Maintains records. (Maintains client charts. Documents activities using appropriate forms. Enters data into database(s).)
- Completes special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned; Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Participates in internal and external meetings. Serves on internal and external committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned reports. Attends work as scheduled or uses annual leave.)
Valid, Active Driver’s License, reliable transportation, license to work as an RN and APRN in KY, attainment of certification in one or more of the focus areas for APRN practice defined and enacted by the Kentucky Board of Nursing, and one of the following:
- Graduate degree or post-graduate certificate (post-masters or post-doctoral) from a nationally accredited organization plus certification from an approved national certification program.
- Equivalent education as determined by licensing board recognized by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Attainment of CPR certification is required within one year of appointment date and must be maintained throughout incumbency.
Same as above plus prior public health experience and/or bilingual English/Spanish.
Please submit applications through Indeed ONLY (www.indeed.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications, and emailed applications without considering them.
For immediate consideration, please apply by 11/22/2023.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on Indeed.
Please reference code APRN on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check and drug screen will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – APRN
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to view other opportunities to join our family.