Now Hiring: Commissioner of Health
Internal application deadline September 19, 2023 – Job 3122
This is a competitive job posting whereas both internal and external qualified candidates may be considered simultaneously. Applications screened and processed accordingly upon successful receipt.
Department: Public Health - Administration
- Non-Physician starting salary is $165,000, Grade 13
- Physician starting salary is $230,000, Grade 14
- This is non-merit, exempt, full-time 40 hours per week with full comprehensive benefits package
Reports To: Board of Health
Seeking energetic, enthusiastic, and innovative forward thinking Commissioner of Health to complement talented and supportive executive team. Lexington – Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) is the second largest city in Kentucky. The health department has approximately 160 employees with a professional and fiscally sound reputation. This is an opportunity for the right person to have the ability to make a huge difference in the community.
Highly desired qualities include excellent decision-making skills, gifted interpersonal skills, on-camera media skills and comfort with public speaking, as well as someone who is approachable and down to earth.
- Physician candidate: Doctor of Medicine degree; valid Kentucky medical license pursuant to KRS 212.635; valid DEA certification; board certification by an appropriate American medical specialty board (preventive medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine, or other) and a MPH with five (5) years appropriate experience. A master’s degree in other health related fields, MBA, or an additional five (5) years appropriate experience will substitute for the required MPH.
- Non-Physician candidate: Minimum of Master’s degree in public health or a related field and at least five (5) years of experience in a management capacity in public health.
- Physician and non-Physician candidates should have applicable experience in public health, preventive medicine, and/or public administration. Must have three (3) or more years of supervisory experience. Physician candidates should also have applicable experience in preventive medicine.
- Background check.
LFCHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive benefits package to full-time employees that includes medical, dental, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, paid sick, 13 paid holidays per year, participation in Kentucky Retirement Systems pension plan and Deferred Compensation plans (401K/457/IRA).
To apply for open positions, please visit myLFCHD at https://mylfchd.lfchd.org/.
Internal qualified candidate that apply within the first five day of posting will be given exclusive consideration unless otherwise noted.