Position: Support Services Associate (SSA) I, II or III, Full-time Merit Position
Applicants should apply for the highest position level for which they are qualified - SSA I, SSA II, or SSA III. We plan to hire one person/SSA at this time.
Location: Whitley County (Williamsburg and Corbin)
Salary: Depending on experience with minimum starting pay for each level (I-III) between $13.50 - $17.04/hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2 to 3 years of professional business or public administrative experience in a medical, hospital or administrative office environment using electronic office equipment and professional software preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in medical coding and billing, accounting or bookkeeping preferred.
- College or vocational education in business or a medically related field may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Criminal background check and drug screening required.
- Must be up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination or willing to be vaccinated within 4 weeks of hire.
This position works in our public health clinic, alternating between our Williamsburg and Corbin offices. Responsible for registering patients for various services and programs provided by the health department. Establish a medical record by compiling all the necessary information for registering patients, interview the patient to obtain pertinent non-medical information used for identification and income status according to agency and program policy, make appointments, and collect fees for services rendered. Route/direct patients to appropriate staff, maintain patient records and files, prepare routine letters, labels and other appropriate material, answer a multi-line phone system, review patient information for completeness and accuracy, enter information into networks, generate vouchers, and request routine reports. Inventory and order office supplies and use standard office technology.
Benefits will be provided as defined for full time employees by 902 KAR Chapter 8 to include retirement, leave, and insurance.
A full listing of qualifications may be obtained at https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/dafm/lhpb/Pages/merit.aspx.
*******Apply at https://KOG.CHFS.KY.GOV/HOME. Create a citizen’s account and search LHDCOS (search and apply).*******
Transcripts must be uploaded before the close date of the advertisement if post-secondary education is required or may be substituted for experience. Transcripts must list the degree awarded. Qualified applicants/employees are subject to a pre-screening, selection for interview, and/or demonstration of skills testing. Employment may be contingent upon a successful drug screening and background check. Open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.
368 Penny Lane, Williamsburg, KY 40769