We welcome you to visit the "Careers at NKY Health" page of our website at www.nkyhealth.org for links to CareerBuilder and a list of all positions open for application.
Northern Kentucky Health Department
HEP-C RNs [Code: HEPRN]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Population Health division is accepting applications for a contract RN (22.5 hours/week) to coordinate and staff offsite community Hepatitis C screening events and to perform related duties. This position will be based at our District office in Florence but will travel within our region. Usual work hours are M-F between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Part-Time (22.5 hours/week) Contract Position
Pay Rate: $29.51 / Hour
Reports To: Programs Manager
This RN must be available to work up to 22.5 hours/week providing Hepatitis C screenings and testing in community settings. HIV testing will also be provided. The RN will work as part of a team to coordinate outreach events, provide testing, counseling, and education for clients in our community. Peak times for events will be defined by demand and related funding. Work hours are usually between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. with occasional evening and weekend hours included. The RN will work under a contract that could be renewed annually contingent upon grant funding. The RN will be required to complete required training annually, and will submit timecards through Northern Kentucky Health Department’s payroll system in order to receive pay.
Essential functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs simple to complex client services for the Hepatitis C Testing and Linkage to Care program in an offsite or onsite clinic setting. (Identifies and collects physiologic, psychosocial, and environmental data by interview and/or physical examination to detect and identify problems. Performs health assessments and screenings by interview and/or physical examination, which may include venipuncture. Shares findings according to program standards. Provides one-on-one client education, counseling, and referrals on issues related to findings.)
- Plan hepatitis C testing events. (Coordinates, sets-up and staffs outreach and screening and education activities. Communicates in a timely manner with community partners.)
- Drives NKY Health mobile unit.
- Maintains records. (Documents activities using appropriate forms. Enters data into database(s).)
- Performs other duties. (Participates in internal and external meetings; Completes timecard; Completes travel reports; Completes required training; Completes other assigned reports; Attends work as scheduled.)
- Valid, active driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- License to practice as an RN in KY
Same as above plus prior public health experience.
Please submit applications through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications, and emailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now we will consider you immediately.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code HEPRN on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check will and drug screen will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – HEPRN
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to view other opportunities to join our family.
8001 Veterans Memorial Drive, Florence KY 41042