We welcome you to visit the "Careers at NKY Health" page of our website at www.nkyhealth.org for links to CareerBuilder and a list of all positions open for application.
Northern Kentucky Health Department
Case Manager for HIV/AIDS [code: HIVCM]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Population Health Division is accepting applications for a Case Manager to provide case management services for eligible persons living with HIV/AIDS. The position will be based at our District office in Florence, KY. Usual work hours are M-F between 8:00 and 5:00. We could be waiting for YOU!
Full-Time (40 hours/wk), non-exempt (hourly) merit system positionClassification: Case Manager Band: 7 Starting Pay Rate: $24.89 - $29.98/hour (based on your years of directly related paid experience)
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide case management services for target population(s). (Provides medical case management care/coordination to clients living with HIV/AIDS. Provides auxiliary support to their immediate family members and/or significant other(s). Completes comprehensive psychobiosocial assessment of all new/re-enrolled clients to determine their immediate needs, plans for intervention, acuity level, and need for ongoing support. Conducts at a minimum semi-annual and annual needs assessments with active program participants through face-to-face and non-face-to-face methods. Develops, assesses, updates and evaluates an Individualized Care Plan (ICP) that documents each client’s personal goals and progress in accomplishing their identified goals. Assists clients in resolving psychological, biological, social and financial barriers that negatively impact their well-being. Ongoing monitoring of clients’ adherence to medical care, medication management, progress plans and other supportive services. Maintains an assigned case load and monitors need for termination of clients from the program if/when required.)
- Provide education and support to target populations. (Assists clients in understanding their health condition, interpreting medical results, adjusting to diagnosis, explaining treatment options and the cost/benefit analysis of such treatment. Assists clients in making informed decisions about their healthcare, options and eligibility for various services, responsibilities with participation, and their right to self-determination. Provides health education and information to clients on risk reduction to prevent other co-morbidities and/or transmission of HIV. Completes sexual history and drug use assessments with clients. Offers counseling and education around partner testing, PrEP, condom use, abstinence, treatment as prevention, and safer injecting/harm reduction practices.)
- Advocate for clients in target population(s) by assisting them with obtaining essential services. (Facilitates the provision of quality care and social services across a continuum of care. Assures continuity of care through ongoing assessment of clients’ and key family members’ needs and personal support systems. Evaluates client satisfaction and follow through with community resources and medical services. Serves as an advocate when/if these services are not fully utilized or satisfactory. Identifies and establishes a referral system with area health care and social service providers. Actively links clients with internal and external healthand supportive services as appropriate. Teaches clients how to navigate systems to utilize community services. Shares information about community services with other Health Department staff. Maintains list of community resources pertinent to assigned program. Attends meetings to advocate for client needs and services.)
- Perform community outreach activities. (Serves as liaison to local, regional and state-wide organizations for HIV Case Management program(s). Collaborates with agencies and service providers to facilitate care coordination and information sharing. Coordinates internal and external committee/team meetings/support groups. Schedules meetings, establishing agendas and handles pertinent communications. Champions the health care rights of clients through policy level advocacy while promoting social justice. Reports outcomes of meetings. Prepares and makes educational presentations and/or disseminates educational materials to target groups and individuals. Maintains proficiency as HIV Tester as required under KRS.)
- Maintain records. (Creates and updates client’s Individualized Care Plan (ICP). Creates and maintains client charts. Tracks assigned case load, monitors due dates for recertifications and updates client level information in electronic records and online databases when needed. Enters progress notes into CAREWare database. Documents activities using appropriate forms.)
- Perform administrative duties as assigned. (Maintains supply inventory for assigned program(s). Performs quality checks on records. Monitors assigned performance measures. Completes expanded interviews and collaborates with agency’s Epidemiology unit for disease investigation activities. Enters and updates client level data in CAREWare database to ensure accurate data collection for monthly reports. Serves as or assists with point of entry into case management program. Assists in obtaining medical records from health care providers. Accurately labels, scans, and submits client invoices for review and payments.)
- Complete special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Perform other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities; Participates in internal and external meetings; Serves on internal and external committees; Completes timecard; Completes travel reports; Completes required training; Completes other assigned duties.)
Must have a valid, active driver’s License, reliable transportation and one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
- The equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be licensed to work as a counselor or social worker in Indiana, Kentucky, or Ohio or have medical case management certification accepted by Kentucky’s Ryan White Care Coordination Program within 12 months of appointment and maintain throughout incumbency.
- Prior full-time related case management experience.
- Prior public health experience and/or bilingual English/Spanish.
Apply through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications, and emailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now we will consider you immediately.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code HIVCM on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls please. Selection will be made by interview(s), testing, and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – HIVCM
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to view other opportunities to join our family.
8001 Veterans Memorial Drive, Florence KY 41042