We welcome you to visit the "Careers at NKY Health" page of our website at www.nkyhealth.org for links to CareerBuilder and a list of all positions open for application.
Northern Kentucky Health Department
CLINIC REGISTERED DIETITIANS (CLINIC RD) [Code: HCRD]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Clinical Services Division is accepting applications for Clinic Registered Dietitians (Clinic RDs) to work in an onsite or offsite clinic setting to deliver medical nutrition education, counseling, and related services and to perform related duties. We are accepting applications for both part time (22.5 hours/week) and full-time (40 hours/week) positions at all locations (Covington, Florence, Newport, and Williamstown). We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Part-time (22.5 hours/week) and Full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt (hourly pay) merit system positions
Classification: Clinic Registered Dietitian (Clinic RD)
Starting Pay Rate: $26.83 - $32.93/hour (based on your years of directly-related paid experience)
Reports To: Clinic Supervisor II or Clinic Manager
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provides medical nutrition counseling to clients referred from health department services, private physicians, agencies or self referral. (Provides individualized nutrition instruction. Conducts nutrition assessments on all clients. Assesses charts, counseling, lab work, and other pertinent information. Provides in depth patient centered/motivational counseling tailored to complex health issues.)
- Provides WIC services. (Screens clients to determine program eligibility. Registers clients for services. Registers eligible WIC clients to vote. Completes appropriate forms. Issues Verification of Certification (VOC) for WIC clients transferring to other locations. Schedules appointments for clients. Checks growth measures and completes lab work, (for example hemoglobin). Certifies WIC clients. Approves WIC special formula requests or requests approval from State when needed. Manages formula changes and/or problems and serves as resource for clients and other medical providers. Provides WIC Follow-up/Breastfeeding classes. Assesses client breastfeeding issues/breast pump needs and provides appropriate counseling. Issues WIC benefits.)
- Serves as referral source for clients, Health Department staff, health professionals and the general public. (Makes referrals to community resources for help with nutritional needs. Provides general technical assistance and consultation to schools, health professionals and organizations, co-workers, community organizations, and the general public on nutrition. Serves as resource to clients and other staff on breastfeeding, breast pumps and special formulas. Provides in-depth assistance with complex breastfeeding, breast pump and special formula issues. Provides follow-up on breast pumps on loan, for breastfeeding/pump support, until pump is returned. Works assigned reports.)
- Maintains records. (Maintains client charts. Documents activities using appropriate forms. Enters data into database(s). Assembles new charts, packets and client supplies.)
- Assists with community outreach activities as assigned. (Provides/participates in health fairs and community nutrition education programs. Promotes nutrition services with outreach programs.)
- Assists in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nutrition program(s) in the clinic. (Assists with management, coordination, and implementation of designated nutrition program(s). Recommends changes to Clinic Manager. Provides expert assistance for designated public health service(s) or program(s).)
- Maintains supply inventory. (Maintains nutritional and educational supplies on hand for the clinic. Orders new supplies. Organizes supply area(s). Maintains breast pump inventory.)
- Completes special projects. (Assists with orienting dietetic students and other staff. Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Participates in internal and external meetings. Serves on internal and external committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned reports. Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave.)
Valid, Active Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and both of the following:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Dietetics, Human Nutrition, Food and Nutrition, Food Systems Management or equivalent approved by the Kentucky Board of Licensure and Certification for Dietitians and Nutritionists; and successful completion of Dietetics Internship or an accredited dietetics education program of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
- Must be a Registered Dietitian and must meet state licensure (L.D.) requirements.
Same as above plus prior public health experience and/or bilingual English/Spanish.
Apply through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications, and emailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now we will consider you immediately.
We’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code HCRD on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check, license verification, and drug screen will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – HCRD
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to view other opportunities to join our family.
8001 Veterans Memorial Drive, Florence KY 41042